We offer a range of solutions for detection of disease states in community healthcare settings, hospitals, mass screening contexts and research-specific environments. This can include outright device sales as well as diagnostic results-as-a-service packages.
Sales of proprietary Volatile Organic Compound detection equipment
BreathSpec® is Imspex Medical’s proprietary breath analyser. Its unique combination of gas chromatography (GC) and Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS) technologies result in a number of benefits for users and healthcare providers across multiple applications:
- Use of breath samples makes this a completely non-invasive tool for screening and diagnosis;
- It is based on well-established and accepted detection technologies that are used in scientific and industrial contexts;
- Proven accuracy in detecting respiratory diseases such as lung cancer and infections associated with bacterial and viral respiratory pathogens. Our studies have shown sensitivity of 90% and specificity of 80% in detecting Covid-19 and accuracy as good as or better than standard of care evaluations when identifying Covid-19 or differentiating between bacterial and viral causes of respiratory tract infection;
- The combination offers speed of detection and analysis without compromising accuracy;
- The GC-IMS technology is designed to withstand high testing volumes;
- BreathSpec®’s robust construction makes it ideal for use in community contexts, in situations requiring portability and in mass screening environments where trained personnel may not be available;
- It is easy to use:
- Use protocols are available for all locations and uses
- Binary outputs that do not require interpretation are available in use environments where skilled users may not be present
- Sample preparation is not required as no consumables are used
- The device is small, portable and does not require any special handling. Refrigeration is not needed
- No calibration is required
- Technical training and support is provided
- Connectivity to Laboratory Information Management Systems is integral
- Cost-effectiveness and value-for-money is at the heart of this device
FluidSpec™ brings the BreathSpec® capabilities to bear on liquid and solid headspace analyses such as those done to detect infectious diseases such as Group B Streptococcus and sepsis-related infections. This device brings all the established functionality of the Imspex group's FlavourSpec® device with a rebranded identity that fits comfortably in a medical market. Analysis is automated and results are produced within minutes. The device has demonstrated particular accuracy with disease indications such as Group B Streptococcus infection with 97% specificity and 81% sensitivity.
Packages are available to account for the number of tests likely to be run through a device. Contact us to discuss whether this option would be a feasible option for your specific situation.
Contact us for further details about our rapid VOC detection solutions or for a free-of-charge discussion about what solution would work best for your specific context.